1. Valuation involves the determination, at a particular time, of the value or worth of an interest in property for a particular purpose.
The subject of valuation may be asset such as Land and Buildings, Plant and Machinery, Furniture, Fittings and Equipment or Goodwill. It could also be necessary to carry out periodic revaluation of the assets of Companies in view of sporadic increase in prices as a result of unstable exchange rate.
Periodic valuation or revaluation of these assets could be undertaken jointly or separately for any or some of the following reasons:-
• Preparation of Balance Sheets or accounts
• Security for a loan from financial institutions
• Privatization and/or commercialization
• Merger and Acquisition
• Going Concern
• Rating and Taxation
• In case of liquidation, determination of the net worth of the assets to be transferred.
In any assignments placed before us, our focus will be to essentially understand the complexities of the exercise and have in place dedicated team of skillful professionals who have over the years distinguished themselves in undertaking similar tasks. They will be deployed in the upcoming Capital Asset Valuations exercise.
In addition to generating a full report that will outline our investigation and findings, we will accumulate and maintain in our files the requisite data supporting our recommendations of a fair market value for the upcoming exercise.
The analyses will consider the physical assets of the properties, which are apparent to an inspection, and an assessment of their competitive position in the market;
Fair market value - This is defined as the price expressed in terms of cash equivalents, at which a property would change hands between a hypothetical willing and able buyer and a hypothetical willing and able seller, acting at arm’s length in an open and unrestricted market, when neither is under compulsion to buy or sell and when both have reasonable knowledge of the relevant facts.
We shall also be looking at Market Value Principle.
Market Value - The most probable price which a property should bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently and knowledgeably, and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of a specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer when conditions whereby;
1. Buyer and seller are typically motivated
2. Both parties are well informed or well advised, and acting in what they consider their own best interests.
3. A reasonable time is allowed for exposure in the open market.
4. Payment is made in terms of cash in our local currency or its equivalent.
5. The price represents the normal consideration for the property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concession granted by anyone associated with the sale.
We are aware of the essence of collaboration in handling specialized operations. We have very resourceful partnership with allied professionals to provide support in areas where we believe collaboration will lead to speed and accuracy in achieving set targets. The bigger picture is key in every operations hence our partners understand what we stand for. This is why we partnered with Sam Eboigbe & Co; a well grounded and recognised firm in proffering valuation services to our clients.
Our experience in valuation assignments for various Private and Public Institutions within the country is as listed below but not limited to:-
• Valuation of High-rise (POLO PLAZA) Building
• Valuation of Assets of Rida National Plastics Limited
• Valuation of Assets of World Maritime Organization
• Valuation of crash site of Bellview Airline
• Valuation of Federal Government Properties in Lagos
• Valuation of Assets of African Petroleum
• Valuation of Assets of CFAO
• Valuation of Assets belonging to Muka Limited
• Valuation of Assets belonging to Wokson International Limited
• First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
• Minaj Holdings Limited
• Agrited Valuation F.C.M.B
• Valuation consultancy for coronation Merchant Bank
• Fina – Trust Microfinance Company Limited
• Babalakin & Co.
• MTN Communications
• Multi – Trex Limited
• Valuation of Immovable Assets of Nigeria Port Authority at Kirikiri Lighter Terminal I and II, Kirikiri, Apapa, Lagos
• Valuation of assets (land and buildings, plant and machinery) of Jubaili Bros Engineering Nigeria Ltd. in Lagos
• Valuation of Lekki Garden Estates in Lagos
• Valuation of oil and gas storage tank farm in various location in Nigeria
• Valuation of land and buildings in Lagos and Ogun States for Nigerian Foundries Limited.
• Valuation of the assets (land and buildings, plant and machinery) of Leoplast Plastics Nigeria Ltd. in Lagos and Ogun States
• Valuation of all the land and buildings of Japaul Oil Services Company Ltd. in Lagos.
• Valuation of the Assets of Dangote Flour Mills at Apapa, Lagos
• Assessment for compensation of Bellview Airlines Boeing 737 REG.5N-FBN crash site at Lisa Village, Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State
• Assessment and Valuation for compensation of Dana Crash Site located at Iju-Ishaga
• Valuation of property of Masters’ Energy Oil and Gas Limited in Lagos
• Valuation of Assets of Buildwell Plants & Equipment Industries Limited in Lagos and Port- Harcourt
• Valuation of all U.S Department of State/American Embassy’s residential and industrial assets in Nigerian and West African countries
• Property assessment and valuation of Diamond & Union Banks non- core assets nationwide
• Valuation of P&G industrial assets in Agbara, Ogun State